Monday, June 16, 2008

Noodles

Even Grandma Karen has commented recently on AJ's diction. Recently his "L" sound has gotten better and he pronounces it without sticking his tongue out like he used to. He still is cute when he says balloon - it come out a bit more like it has two "ll" syllables.

Today when I picked him up Ms. Sally said that I should try to get him to say "noodles". She was chuckling and said it was super adorable. So, I asked him to say "noodles" and he just looked at me, held up a toy bus and said "school bus". I relayed Ms. Sally's comment to Pete when he got home and the game continued. One of us would ask him to say "noodles" and he would outright ignore us or say the word of whatever he was playing with.

So, we still haven't heard "noodles" and AJ is probably wondering why we are calling cars, books and bath toys "noodles"!

1 comment:

Hokey said...

it may be genetic: Boy and Nona have always refused to perform.