Monday, July 21, 2008

One Smart C-O-O-K-I-E

As many of you know, on Fridays AJ's daycare has a basket of cookies at the front desk for the kids. This is the highlight of many Fridays as AJ takes off at a sprint from his classroom and makes a beeline for the front desk saying "cookie day" as he goes. Very cute - except if Mommy doesn't keep up and he is bouncing and hollering "COOKIE" when I get there :-)

On non-cookie days our exit is much more leisurely. Today as he was taking his time, meandering out, another mother commented that some days getting out takes hours. I chuckled in agreement as AJ touched the art projects on the wall, said good night to the fishies in the tank and was just pokey in general. I commented to the other Mom that the only day he moves fast is "c-o-o-k-i-e day" (I spelled it out). AJ stops his farewell to the fish, looks up at me and says "cookie day???" I had to laugh - he now recognizes me spelling cookie for what it is.

No comments: