Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Train Table

For those who haven't heard, a couple weeks back I got up at 6:00 am on a Saturday and went to a big annual consignment sale with Kimmie. I was happy to get some fantastic deals on clothes and a coat for AJ but the big find was a wooden train table. It was plain and didn't have any track pieces with it but I scooped it up for $20 - retail for these tables is $150 at Costco/Sam's Club!

At Aunt Sydney's suggestion, I painted to top with green chalkboard paint to clean it up and so it has a life as a craft table too. I am pretty proud of my handi work and AJ has enjoyed driving his cars on it the past week or two.
So, I took it up a notch and we jumped into the great world of trains! I scored a big set of wooden track on eBay and it arrived a few days ago. AJ was beyond words with excitement and spent nearly 2 hours playing with his new track and trains. It took some sweet talking to get him to go up for his bath. After he got out of the tub he ran out of his room, bare naked, and onto the landing where he pointed down where the train table is and declared "my train mommy". I let him know it would be there tomorrow :-)


3 comments:

Gramama said...

I thought it was rectangle when I sugested you put behind couch when not in use! Sorry. Looks good though and lots of fun.

Sydney said...

glad my creative genius went to a good cause!

Megs said...

"Uh-oh, is broken! Fix it, Mommy! Peeeas!" Just thought I'd remind you what dialogue was going on when you took that picture. I can see the bridge in his hands, not on the table!