Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sleeping Boys

AJ has finally gotten the message that we will take the baby gate off his bedroom door if he will just come into our room in the morning to get me instead of roaming the house alone and getting into trouble. So now he wanders in most mornings, climbs up the bench at the foot of the bed and dives into the middle of the bed. By this point, I am awake because he isn't exactly quiet when he opens our bedroom door. On weekdays this often starts our morning and I head for the shower while he lays in my spot watching cartoons.

One recent weekend morning he woke at 5:45 am and climbed into the bed. Since I was half asleep, I told him it was too early to be awake and he needed to go back to sleep. Well he did! I woke up again about an hour later and this is what I rolled over and saw. They slept like this for another hour and I got to lounge in my chair and read, looking over once in a while at the boys and smiling. Not a bad Saturday morning.