Saturday, April 11, 2009

Catching You Up

Since I did neglect the blog in March a few updates and stories so you don't feel like you missed out.

AJ is now successfully sleeping in the big boy twin bed every night. Most nights he stays put and only occasionally gets out of bed right after being tucked in to request water or some other delay tactic. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well he transitioned.

Speaking of transitions, AJ is taking the low key approach to potty training. He wears the pull ups now and likes to sit on the toilet. He really likes it when he actually does something on the toilet because he gets an M&M candy! He gets to use the potty at school too so I think very soon now we'll get up the nerve (mostly me not him!) to leap into regular underwear. More to come.

As some of you heard a couple of weeks back AJ made another discovery - he could shove things up his nose. This isn't funny until you are Mommy and you get a call at 12:30 on April 1st from daycare. Reports are he shoved a meatbal - yes a meatball - up his left nostril and they can't get it out. He is very comfortable. So an exasperated Mommy hangs up the phone and starts to prepare to go rescuse him. I will admit at this point I was annoyed to have been interupted on a busy day at work for something that could have been avoided. As I typed the note to my boss to tell him why I had to leave suddenly, I was struck by how silly "My son shoved a meatball up his nose" sounded. It was equally as funny when I called his Gramma and had to tell the lady at the ER why he was there. I giggled most of the afternoon. Turns out my boss, who was at a conference with many of our industry colleagues, also saw the humor and shared it with many in Colorado. AJ provided comic relief for many that day all across the country. (oh, they confirmed in the ER that he had swallowed the meatball - YUM!)

I think that is the big stuff :-)

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Neglected....that's what you call it, huh?!?

And he swallowed the meatball? Ew. That's just wrong.