Monday, December 15, 2008

Decorating Weekend

AJ and I spent some time this weekend decorating things - like Christmas cookies and the tree.

Friday night after dinner we took our places at the table and began decorating sugar cookies. I would ice them and AJ generously applied sprinkles and candy on each snowman. He really liked putting M&Ms on the snowmen and lined them up down the cookie a bit like a row of buttons. I would have have put 2, possibly 3 on each snowman - AJ put 5 or 6. After a couple of cookies were decorated AJ needed a break and decided it was time to eat one of his creations.

After his break, AJ jumped right back in and started decorating again. I kept reminding him not to eat the snowman cookies. So, a couple of cookies later when I realized I had lots iced but only a few had been "dressed" by AJ I saw what the hold up was. AJ was in fact listening and did not eat the cookie. He even proudly stated "I'm not eating the cookie mommy". He had found the loophole in my request though and after he had carefully placed candy on the cookies he was licking his fingers and wiping all the icing from the few spots on the snowman that weren't covered in M&Ms. Well, everyone knows that once a cookie has been licked and poked at, you have to eat it - even AJ knew that.

In case you wonder, he decorated 8 snowmen cookies and ate 2 of them.

2 comments:

Megs said...

smart little booger, isn't he?!

Gramama said...

I laughed so hard I cried! God he is smart. I wish I could have seen it.