Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snickeroodles

(No I didn't leave a "D" out of the title - that is how AJ says it)
AJ and I made a big batch of snickerdoodle cookies last night. We got through about two dozen, my rolling them into balls and him rolling the balls in the sugar and cinnamon - before his attention span was zapped.

Once the cookies were out of the oven though, he was happy to return attention to them. I brought him two for dessert after he ate two bowls of pasta for dinner. A few minutes later he requested another one. Then we went to play a while. I dashed off to the bathroom and as I came back into the family room I noticed that some furniture was rearranged in the kitchen. AJ had pushed one of the bar stools around the kitchen island and over to the counter where the tupperware full of cookies was. He said " I need a cookie mommy".

I'll give him credit for using his problem solving skills!

2 comments:

Hokey said...

and you wonder how he gets back into his crib? i wish mine could eat two bowls of pasta before making a bee line for the cookies.

Michelle said...

If I didn't insist on the pasta dinner would be all cookies. He even requests them for breakfast. This is one of the battles I win :-)